by Emmanuel Mujuni
I would love to share with you on a subject I have called “the benefits of becoming a child of God” and I hope by the end of this week’s blog, you will be ushered into enjoying the same benefits herein.
Let us first discuss the meaning of becoming “a child of God”. You might wonder whether there is a formula to becoming God’s child. Well, there is only one way and it is very simple. And that is, to believe in His son Jesus Christ and accept him to be your Lord and savior. That’s all. You see, what amazes me mostly about God is that He offers us a very simple exchange for what would rather cost us heavily. Imagine He gives us everlasting life through His son Jesus Christ in exchange for faith in Him. John 3:16.
It is written in the holy scriptures according to the Gospel of John 1:12 that “yet to those who received him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God.” (NIV) Verse 13 suggests that we are not just born by human procedure but born of God himself. A number of scriptures confirm our birthright as Children of God and I suggest you read these verses to affirm your birthright as well. They include; 1 John 3:1-2, 1 John 5:18, Galatians 4:6-7, Galatians 3:26,28, to mention but a few.
With this knowledge that we are children of God, we ought to enjoy the benefits of who we are.
- Mathew 5:14- “I am the light of the world and the darkness cannot suppress it.” This should allow us to enjoy the fact that we illuminate the world. We shine and the world draws its light from us. We therefore should influence the world into knowing the saving power of Jesus Christ.
- Romans 8:1 asserts that “we are not condemned but declared fully forgiven and righteous in Christ”. We should not strive for our own righteousness because Jesus Christ who bought us preciously makes us righteous. We therefore should care about our representation of Christ’s righteousness but not our own.
- In 1st Corinthians 3:16, 6:19, the bible says we are temples of God. His spirit and His life dwell in us. We therefore need to rejoice that God honors us with his life and Spirit in us. What more should we need if the giver of life seats in our hearts? It is an honor to also give life where there isn’t.
- Galatians 4:6 confirms that an heir of God since I am a child of God. The fact that God is my father in all capacities, I partake of his wealth and possessions as a privilege of my birthright. We needn’t struggle to attain the world when its already at our disposure to govern.
- I am God’s workmanship, his Handiwork, born anew in Christ to do his work. Ephesians 2:10. Surely, God has placed us in our different positions to be his ambassadors; that we may extend His government to all corners of the world. He has not only placed us in such places but also given us the mandate to execute duty through offering his love, healing, peace and salvation to all mankind.
- We are warriors in GOD’S heavenly hosts. We are enemies of the devil and we are at war. We have the privilege to fight alongside God’s armies and claim the assured victory over Satan in Christ’s name. Ephesians 6:10-20. We can proudly stand as mighty soldiers in the Army of the Lord.
The benefits to being children of God are quite enormous and there is no singular way of expressing them all in just one publication. I can only urge you my dear reader to consider making a choice of a lifetime that will most certainly change the way things have occurred before you.
Accepting Jesus Christ is the only way to know Gods love for you. After all, He is the only single being that understands you totally. I made a decision to follow Him back then in 2004 as a young student in High school. I was a troubled young boy who often felt lonely in this world. I was surely persecuted by those I regarded close to me but God kept knocking on the door of my heart until I opened up for Him. Since then, I have seen His favor and Love and trust me I am still enjoying the ride and my wish is that everyone should know of His love.
May the Lord God bless you as you think of these words and I hope you will choose to win Christ over to your heart also! Remember, He is the only one who truly cares about you unconditionally.